Sunday, November 30, 2008

C is for Cookie

Being a baker, and a graduate of pastry school people often ask me what my favorite dessert is. For a long time I didn't really have an answer, and I wondered if I was a pastry fraud. I thought, and I thought, wanting to say something sophisticated like creme brulee, souffle, mousse, something like that. The truth is, although those are always delicious they are not my favorite. The more I think about it the more I know my favorite dessert is the cookie.



This is why I would like to direct you here. Gourmet Magazine has an adorable little feature right now of their favorite cookies of the seven decades that they have been in print. It's kind of a "best of" layout from the 1940's through the 2000's. Not only do some of the recipes look delicious (like the cheese crescents pictured below), but all the pictures are beautiful and the layout is very fun to explore.



Maybe it will help inspire what to make for your family or give to your friends and neighbors for gifts. I am very excited to try these bizcochitos from the 1970's (also pictured below).



No comments: