Monday, November 10, 2008

A New Find



I love our house, but one sad thing about it is that it's not really close to anything.  If we want to go to a good restaurant, it is almost always a 20 minute drive.  This is one of the downsides to living in an "up and coming" neighborhood.  The positive side is that we are next to another "up and coming" neighborhood (In case you didn't know, Seattle is divided up in to neighborhoods; all distinct little sub-divisions with personalities all their own).  

About five minutes away from out house is a neighborhood called Georgetown.  There are a couple bars, a vegan restaurant, a few little shops and some other things.  Although nothing is too enticing, we have always talked about exploring it since it is so close to us.  Well, necessity is the mother of exploring new restaurants, and we finally got around to this on Friday night when I needed a sandwich at 11:45 pm, but didn't want to go very far and/ or deal with Halloween crowds (by crowds I mean parking).

So exactly six minutes away from our house in Georgetown is a bar called Smarty Pants.  But they don't serve greasy, nasty bar food.  They serve really good sandwiches!  I also got house made potato salad on the side. Let me tell you, I was so excited because not only is this place super close, but I think I might actually prefer these sandwiches over our other favorite sandwich place, Honeyhole (which as good as it is, it's about 25 minutes away, has no parking, and is always crowded).

Now I am inspired to further explore Georgetown and all it may have to offer.  I'll tell you what I find!


Smarty Pants

Airport Way S and Bailey Street

21 and over

Hours
Mon - Thur: 11am - 2am
Fri - Sat: 10am - 2am
Fri/Sat/Sun Brunch: 10am - 3pm
Kitchen open until midnight M - Sat.
Closed Sundays after 3pm.

No comments: