Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Kitchen Wish List

Now that it's actually the official beginning of fall, I can begin to accept the change in the weather. What I can also accept is that holiday gift giving time (not to mention my birthday) will be fast upon us, and I am a total sucker when it comes to stores putting Christmas displays up in October. So in case you were wondering what to save up to get me, need gift ideas in general, or can't figure out what to put in your own kitchen, here are some idea that derive from my other talent- shopping! (In order from cheapest to most expensive):





Norpro butter keeper. $7.95 I just realized I need one of these.


Harney and Sons Fine Teas- Paris blend
. $8 for 20 sachets in a tin. Not surprised that Paris is my favorite.




Crate and Barrel Farmer's Market Dish Towels. $15.95 for a set of 3. Crate and Barrel has THEE best dish towels- but they have to be the waffle ones. And these just happen to be sooo cute!



Subscription to Sunset Magazine. $16 for the year. I like this magazine, because not only do they have great recipes, but you can order different issues for different regions of the country.




I want this print for my kitchen wall! 18 GBP at www.keepcalmgallery.com



Conversion Coulour Work Top Saver
13 pounds. This is a cutting board AND a conversion chart! How cute is that?!?


And since I'm stuck on British designer Joseph Joseph, this insanely cute 8 piece nesting bowl set comes with mixing bowls, a juicer, and measuring cups- all stacked in an aesthetic and organized manner. 35 pounds.


All Clad Stainless Steal 1.5 qt Sauce Pan. $75. Normally I cook with all cast iron, but I would love to have this little guy for sauces and caramels so I could better see the color of what I was making.



I hate my toaster.
Breville Ikon 4- slice toaster. $99.95




Lello 407 Gelato Junior. $193.08 on Amazon. Of course, it makes ice creams, too. A good ice cream maker is really hard to come by (most just make slush) and I've heard great things about this one.



Wusthof Classic Heavy Cooks Knife. $399. I don't think I'm a heavy cook, but I do cook heavily. YES, it's a four hundred dollar knife, and YES it's the only one I would ever use again as long as I lived.



Lastly, a Container Store gift card. I've just come to realize that I could spend an infinite amount of money here, so really the price could be anything.


Well, I'm sure I will have things to add on to this list soon enough, but this should be enough to keep you busy for a while! Only three months and two shopping days left 'til Christmas!

No comments: