Sunday, October 12, 2008

So You Can't Say I Never Told You


I get random comments sometimes that lead me to believe that some people from Seattle are actually reading my blog.  Also, maybe someone planning on coming to Seattle (Christie...).  I feel it is my duty as a blogger of food in this city to check off of my list a restaurant that I'm sure has been posted on every Seattle food blog in existence.  It's the staple of food blogs everywhere.

Salumi is a world famous Salumeria owned by Armandino Batali (last name sound familiar?).  They take their model straight from Italians in order to produce the best darned cured meats you've ever tasted in your life- I am not making this up.



Honestly, I am getting kinda sick of over priced restaurants with pretentious decorations and tiny dishes with weird ingredients.  Sometimes I just want a sandwich, yo!  This is when we go to Salumi's storefront, which inevitably always has a line out the door of locals and tourists alike waiting for one of their salami sandwiches.  Besides the fact that it's awesome and gets word of mouth, Salumi's popularity is a result of being reviewed in the New York Times, LA Times, and on travel TV shows like "Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations."  It's a must see of Seattle if you visit (Christie), especially since it's in the middle of Pioneer's Square and so close to the downtown waterfront.  Also, the atmosphere is totally authentic, with its tiny hallway storefront and community tables that don't ever fit as many people as want to eat; very New York City soup nazi-esque.



Anyway, back to the food.  You have your choice of bread (soft olive oil or baguette), various salamis, cheeses (house made mozzarella, provolone, or gorgonzola), and toppings (tapinade, onions, green bell peppers).  I wish I could send the smell and taste over the blog, but I guess you'll just have to come here (Christie) and try it for yourself!

1 comment:

The Saunders said...

OOOOOOKKK! I am sold! Just give me till after the holidays and I PROMISE I will come!