Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Cinnamon Scones on a Rainy Day

By definition, that would mean here in Seattle I made cinnamon scones nearly every day. However, if we get really specific we see that while it's constantly drizzly, not many days are absolutely rainy, as today is- The kind of weather that makes you want to curl up in your house, stay in your sweats, drink tea, and eat something fragrant and carb-filled.



Cinnamon scones popped into my head, and presently I was working on this recipe. I made a few changes; I used agave nectar instead of honey. Also, I learned a trick at a B&B in Ireland to not spend time cutting the butter into a scone. Melting it in the microwave and mixing it into the flour is really enough for the desired texture. Before you put me in stocks and stone me as a baking heretic try it yourself. Biscuits yes, always cut in the butter for a flaky biscuit, but scones? Meh. The glaze, in my opinion, is not necessary but certainly makes the scones more of a treat.



Now, if you'll excuse me. I have a date with some Irish Breakfast tea.


No comments: