Monday, January 31, 2011

An Education...Part 1

You are already aware of the Genetically Engineered Alfalfa problem that I brought to you the other day...recently, my friend sent me this article here asking me to explain exactly what it means.

In short, it means we are losing.

I want to explain the whole situation to you, but it is rather technical and mind numbing, so I am going to give it to you in parts. The first step to understanding the fiasco that the government is leading us into is knowing exactly what a "Genetically Modified Organism" is.

The video here explains it fantastically. It is 7 minutes long, but give it your full attention...it affects your lives more than you know.

While you watch this remember 2 things:

1. There is absolutely no required labeling by law to let the public know when they are buying/cooking/eating genetically engineered foods. This is why, YOU, yes you, have been eating them for more than ten years. I am not talking about processed and pre-packaged food. I am talking about plants- apples, tomatoes, lettuces, corn, broccoli....

2. Until now, the only way to ensure you were not eating GMO's was to buy organic. This is about to drastically change.

Bon appetit!

No comments: