Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My Hawaiian Souvenir

So, I spent last week in Hawaii- The Big Island, to be exact.

It was an absolutely wonderful time, and I wanted something to remind me of my fabulous vacation when I got back.

The problem is- I can't stand the junk that tourist shops sell with merchandise all made in China and stamped "Hawaii." Not to mention, I hate clutter and even things made on the island don't really go with my home decor style. What's a girl to do?

Buy chocolate of course!

Fortunately for us, we found the Sweet Paradise Chocolatier early in the week and were able to go back many times during the week. Along with being absolutely beautiful, all the chocolates are hand made and use ingredients from the Hawaiian Islands whenever possible. I hand picked my box of twelve. The flavors are as follows:

{First row, starting from left} Mango Mojito, Macadamia Nut Gianduja, Fresh Coconut, Coconut Creme Brulee

{Second row} 70% Dark Truffle, Tahitian Lime, Strawberry Guava, Banana Maui Rum

{Third row} Island Spice, Pineapple Passion Fruit, Toasted Coconut, Smoked Lava Salted Caramel

I won't tell you exactly how much this box cost, but let's just say it was roughly $4 per truffle. Totally worth it.

1 comment:

The Saunders said...

They sure are purty