Saturday, February 21, 2009

What to do when you can't do anything.


Good news- I can type with both hands again! That's about all I can do, but it's a big step from where I was a couple of days ago. It's amazing how hungry one gets while sitting around and doing nothing....

So I can't cook, and all I've really been able to do is read. The good news is that I am reading cookbooks and magazines, and I'm getting very excited to try new recipes and to share them with you. When I am able to. Two recipes that I have flagged are a provencal chicken and tomato roast and this Bourbon Banana Pudding with Glazed Pecans. Mmmm.

It's driving me crazy not to be able to cook, but in the mean time my mom is here and she just made pineapple upside down cake to cheer me up. I think before she goes back home she is going to make a big pan of my favorite chicken stew with biscuits from the Barefoot Contessa. If you ever don't know what to make for dinner- make that.

So that's what I've been up to. I'm sorry it's not super exciting, but I will be sharing some great things in the next few days, so check back.

No comments: