Saturday, June 26, 2010

My Friday night bottle

2007 Kamiak Rock Lake Red
The review on www.snooth.com says:

"Bordeaux Blend of 44% Cabernet Sauvignon, 26% Merlot, 25% Syrah, 5% Malbec.

Even though the Cab is the dominant varietal in terms of percentage it definitely does not drive the flavor
and character of this wine.

Deep purple in color with a nose of ripe cherries and red plum and a
similar palate that finishes with a very slight hint of pepper. Primarily fruit forward with very little else to add to the character. This is still a nice wine with a lush mouth feel."


Annika says:

Hey, this wine is really, really good!


I am by far a wine expert. Maybe one day, when I'm retired and fabulous, I will be, but for now I am still really just starting to learn what I like. What I like is a good mix of sweet and spicy. Too much sweet and I want to gag, and too much spicy and I can't choke it down. For the most part, I have found that finding a blend on a restaurant menu and ordering it usually makes me happy.


What I really like, though, is the 2007 Kamiak Rock Lake Red. What I like is $14 a bottle.

I discovered this wine at Flying Squirrel Pizza Co. (my favorite pizza). It's a local wine, and I liked it so much that I went to Gordon Brother's Winery and bought a case. I think we've gone through about 8 bottles so far, and I'm still not tired of it. In fact....I'm drinking it right now.

It's fun to have a favorite wine. I still even order it when I'm eating out- but mainly because it's fun to be all, "Oh, you have the 2007 Kamiak? Oh I just looove that wine!"


No comments: