Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Procrastination

I had great expectations for this week. Starting Monday, I would begin my slow and steady process of this wedding cake, and every day I would share with you my experiences. If you know me well enough you are now laughing your head off and thinking, "When does she EVER do anything slow and steady!" My college career serves as evidence that I function by doing everything in the last minute. This- combined with the fact that when I feel overwhelmed with too much to do I end up doing absolutely nothing- has prevented me from beginning my baking. Also, the fact that today it was a perfect 85 and sunny out. Seriously, who can do anything when it's that nice?

Don't get me wrong, I had a very productive day. I cooked a huge pancake breakfast for my husband, went on a hike, cleaned, read a book, wrote a blog....The GOOD news is that most of my shopping is finished. I need a few more tools, but I went to Costco yesterday for all the baking supplies I needed (I wonder what the checkout guy was thinking when I bought organic burritos and eight pounds each of butter and sugar...) So that's a big check off my list.

It's really OK, though, because the longer I wait the fresher the ingredients will be, yes? So, what I am taking an entire blog to say is that I have pretty much nothing to write about today. I am sorry that this isn't near as exciting as Shark Week, but I promise that things will pick up. I'm sure that the more I procrastinate the more dramatic the end of the week will get.

So don't give up!

1 comment:

The Saunders said...

I was wondering how you were going to bake a wedding cake AND read Breaking Dawn at the same time :)!