Sunday, August 10, 2008

Mission: Complete!

Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Saturday finally came and I was ready! Things went pretty well, so thankfully no more of my time consisted of me redoing anything (though a couple hours were spent clearing room in my fridge to store the cakes as I was making them).  Perhaps the good juju from the Olympics being on TV in the background helped as I imagined myself taking the gold in the cake making games...

Before...

Of course, even after the cakes were finished and ready to go, the most difficult part lied in actually transporting them to the wedding site.  It was the first time in my life, I think, that I didn't get mad at the traffic, because I actually wanted to drive 8 miles an hour.

Anyway, on to the wedding: The venue was at the Stimson-Green mansion in First Hill. Lucky for me it was so beautiful that I could have piled of bunch of Hostess cupcakes on the table and it probably still would have looked good.  Fortunately, once my cakes were set up they looked pretty darn nice if I do say so myself, and the setting made it look even better.  I was pleased, but still quite nervous for the wedding couple to see my creation....

...After

My butterflies faded when I got huge smiles, raving reviews, and many many compliments for everyone in attendance. And no one threw up!  I am happy with the end result, and for me that's saying a lot.

2 comments:

The Saunders said...

oh annika! the cakes are AMAZING! good job.

Ourtbeat said...

From the Bride -
So leading up to the wedding I was EXTREMELY busy and didn't get a chance to read the build up to your baking of these AMAZING CAKES! Add to my pre-wedding busy week, I have been SUPER busy at work every since I got back from the honeymoon... so today I finally got around to reading about all the time, energy, and just overall awesomeness that you put into the cake! First and foremost, THANK YOU! Secondly, the cake was just amazing! Seriously, everything tasted so great and looked gorgeous! For those of you who have never tried Annika's food - you are missing out. We froze the left over cake for the traditional "eat on the year anniversary," but I don't know if I can wait that long!


Thanks for such an amazing wedding cake! We couldn't have imagined anything better!!!