Thursday, February 10, 2011

Valentine's DIY...why think of my own when other's are so good?

I have a few things up my sleeve for Raj this Valentine's Day. My main gift every year is to request that we stay in. It's my way of being low maintenance and letting him off the hook of having to come up with some spectacularly romantic kind of date (not to mention, when $$ isn't spent on an expensive meal, it can be spent on other things...such as jewelry ;). We can go out to a nice place any day, why deal with month ahead reservations, pricey "prix-fixed" meals, and crowds? After seven years of marriage, you learn that just spending time together can be more romantic than anything.

Other than that, here is what I have planned:

First off, I wanted to make some sort of heart pin to send Raj off to work with that morning. I will tell him that he must keep it on all day. I love these felt ones here. They aren't sparkly, so he won't be embarrassed to wear one into a meeting...right?




Second...oh man, I can't get over how adorable these downloadable stickers from Twig and Thistle are. They have a PDF and instructions, and all you have to do is find some sticker paper.




Third, our Valentine tradition is to stay in and eat homemade pizza (made by your's truly) and watch a movie. I always do at least one classic margherita, but these ideas here sound like they could be a crowd pleaser (Umm honey and truffle cheese? Yes, please!)





Last, triple chocolate mousse. 'Nuf said.

And that's everything I have planned! (except this. *wink wink*)

No comments: