Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Contemplating Valentine's Day

Every Christmas I think about making baskets of goodies for my friends, family, and neighbors. I know it's the thought that counts, but I get utterly uninspired when I go to houses and see countertops and cookie jars crammed full of treats already received. Valentine's Day is a great time to get my baking going again. It is, after all, a day for showing love and eating decadent desserts.

Here are the recipes that I am considering putting in my Valentine goody baskets.

{Since cake is difficult to transport, why not make these Red Velvet Cookies instead?}

{I have made these Chocolate Dipped Shortbread Hearts before. They are so pretty and sweet.}

{I know Rice Krispies Treats aren't fancy, but they are always a crowd pleaser. A little pink dye and a heart shaped cookie cutter makes them festive!}


{No Valentines spread is complete without rich Chocolate Crinkles}


No comments: