Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Bun in the Oven!



In case you are wondering- it's totally the metaphorical bun that I'm talking about. What I'm trying to say is...I'm pregnant!

There haven't been very many odd cravings, but I must say my relationship with food has certainly changed. I am just more...finicky. Not to mention, if I did have cravings I would say it was a hankering for comfort foods of my youth (home made mac and cheese, pizza, cheese and more cheese). I will definitely be sharing all of my ups and downs here, but don't worry this won't turn into a mommy blog. There's enough of those to go around (Like there aren't enough food blogs....HA!).

Anyway, so far I have learned:

-I must eat every hour. Even if it's just a piece of fruit. The problem is if I let my stomach get empty (and when I feel hungry, it's too late). However, I also can't eat too much, because if I get overly full...you know what comes next (Super Bowl Sunday was not a good night!).

-I can't keep desserts in the house. Me + a cake= bad news enough before baby, but now there is just no stopping me.

-Being happy about getting bigger is just tough. Being a woman who has always been body conscious (like most woman, I'm sure) it is hard to let go! I'm not talking about fat even, I'm just talking about celebrating that bump that is protruding from my previously flat (well, flat enough) tummy. I have to constantly remind myself what it is that's making me grow!

That's all I have to say so far. I am not very far along yet (12 weeks), and I'm sure I'll have more adventures to talk about later. Thanks for putting up with this blabbing mama!


1 comment:

Rachel said...

This bun looks so great. I'll try it