Friday, April 17, 2009

My brownies


I am a brownie purist. I do not like anything in them or on them. No chocolate chips, no sprinkles, and absolutely no nuts (The exception is the brownie recipe that my grandma made last time I saw her, where it actually seemed as though she went nuts with the toppings. She put everything on there from frosting to marshmallows, caramel, and who knows what else. Those were amazing).

Anyway, a simple brownie needs to be just that. Simple. Well, simple and fudgy. I found this recipe does the trick, and even with melting the chocolate it is really quick to make. I actually pulled the brownie part from another recipe that had a fussy chocolate frosting with it. They don't need it.

Annika's Brownie Recipe

  • 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
  • 4 large eggs
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 by 9-inch baking pan.

Melt the chocolate and butter in a 2-quart bowl in the microwave on high for 3 minutes, stirring every 20 to 30 seconds until the chocolate is completely melted. Add the eggs, sugar, and vanilla and mix well with a spatula. Add the flour and stir to combine. Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes.

No comments: