Wednesday, May 12, 2010

It's time! It's time!

Disclaimer -don't go to Seattle farmers markets to save money on groceries. If you do, you will most likely be disappointed.


And now that we've gotten that out of the way, let me tell you how much I love farmers markets. There's just something so old-worldly about them- like I am some lovely Parisian woman* in the 1920's strolling around speaking French** and picking out only the freshest of what the wonderful season has to offer.

Farmers markets are one of my favorite summer activities. Sure, Seattle has a few year round, but most would consist of me waking up at 6am on a Sunday and driving 30 minutes...we all know how likely that is...Anyway, May through June is about the time where all the other markets begin opening up again. Here is the schedule:

University District (Saturdays, 9am-2pm, Year-round.)

West Seattle (Sundays, 10am-2pm, Year-round.)

Broadway (Sundays, 11am-3pm, May 9 - December 19)

Columbia City (Wednesdays, 3-7pm, April 28 - October 20)

Phinney (Fridays, 3-7pm, May 28 - October 1)

Lake City (Thurs, 3-7pm, June 3 - October 7)

Magnolia (Sat, 10am-2pm, June 5 - September 25)


I actually can't go as often as I would like. Many run on week days, and since I am constantly always usually working, they prove difficult to get to. As wonderful as they are, I need to remind myself that it's worth prioritizing.



*'cause you all know that's my dream
**People usually look at me like I'm crazy when I do this

1 comment:

Christi said...

We should go to the Columbia City one some evening!