Thursday, May 06, 2010

The best ways to spend $5 (on food) in Seattle


Is that all you have? No problem! Despite what you may think (and you know who you are), I'm a fairly low maintenance girl. I do not need (nor do I usually like, actually) extremely posh dining. I just like good food, and as that is the case, I have managed to move my way around the city, discovering all the best $5 treats as I go. That's not easy to find 'round these parts, so I have done all the hard, delicious work for you. I tried to find a few things for the list that are not sweet. So, It's not all sweet, anyay...

The Best Ways to Spend $5 in Seattle:

1. Pulled pork sliders at Sazerac's happy hour- $4 I can't really tell you what I love so much about the pulled pork at Sazerac, but I can tell you that once I got there when happy hour was over and begged the waitress to make them up for me anyway. I love them that much. Add the $4 organic greens and $4 house syrah, and you've got the perfect meal.

2. Croissant and cup of tea at Le Fournil- $2.95 This little bakery does one of the best 'take me back to France' croissants in the city. Add a cup of Harney and Son's Paris tea, and I'm almost there. I think coffee is included in this deal as well. Also, for $4.95 you can have the same deal but with a croissant sandwich rather than a plain croissant.

3. Mangodilla from Agua Verde- $5.25 I cheat, yes, but this used to be $4.95. Trust me, it's worth the extra 30 cents.

4. Hot fudge sundae from Coastal Kitchen- $4.95 House made hot fudge, whipped cream and pecans in just the right individual size that you don't want to share.

5. Ice cream cone from Scoop Du Jour- $3 Sure, for that price you could get a pint of the exact same ice cream at the grocery store, but this is about the experience. On a (rare) warm and sunny day in the summer when the sun is up til 10, it's so fun to go after dinner, pick out your flavor, and then stroll around the beautiful Madison Park while eating. It's also the perfect date.

6. A meal at Ezell's Chicken- somewhere around $5 For health reasons, I wouldn't recommend eating at Ezell's more than, say, once in a decade. However, there's a reason Oprah likes this place- it's dang good!

7. Two donuts and two cups of coffee from Top Pot- a little more than $5 But definitely less than $5 for one. It's another great cheap date, especially when you have time to sit around and chat in the cafe.

8. Nutella strawberry panini from Volunteer Park Cafe- can't remember the price, but it's less than $5. I don't need to tell you how toast, nutella, and strawberries taste together. Especially when it's made by someone else.

I know I have more, but I have to think about it for a little while. Be ready for part 2!





2 comments:

Joe Cramer said...

These sound delicious! I will definitely refer back to this post in the near future. I would probably add a Falafel and fries from Aladin's Gyrocery on the Ave... they're authentic, delicious and I think around $5

The Saunders said...

The last one is right up my alley I am craving it now!