Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Random egg facts and pictures that I like.





I am surprised to hear that the egg still has a bad reputation. I thought that all anti-egg facts had finally been renounced by people who care and the FDA (notice the distinction...). From what I hear, apparently people still think that the consumption of eggs should be limited. I don't blame them for being confused, as the recommended amount of eggs per week seems to be ever changing. The official statement is now this: As long as you get healthy eggs from healthy hens, you can now officially eat as many eggs as you want. DON'T SKIP THE YOLKS AND EAT ONLY WHITES!!!! All the nutrition of an egg is in the yolk (here are the hard facts, if you would like to see them).

The proper way to hard boil an egg: put eggs in cold water, bring to a boil and turn off heat. Cover and let stand for 15 minutes. Drain.

I get my eggs from a farm and they look like this:


For some reason, it makes me really happy.

Another fact: Dying brown eggs will result in a richer, jewel tone color.

Last fact: I'm almost never into holiday decor, but for some reason these alabaster eggs from Williams Sonoma really appealed to me:
They are sold out online, but I found a set of six at a local branch on sale! I put them on top of a cute little nest I bought at a garden store. TOO CUTE!

No comments: