Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It's the Thought that Counts...Right??

So here is the letter I just sent out to my friends and neighbors this year for Christmas:

Hello to everyone!

I am writing to let you know that I had beautiful visions of making wonderful Christmas treats for you all. My plan was to bake knock-your-socks-off gingerbread and decorate them so beautifully that you wanted to cry and simply couldn't bring yourself to eat them, except for the fact that they smelled so good that you couldn't contain yourself. It was going to be great.

Since I am super busy at work this week, I had one afternoon to do this. One shot. No problem, right? WRONG! I am so embarrassed to say that I picked THE most disgusting gingerbread recipe. The cookies were awful, and I couldn't possibly give them out. It seems in all my baking talents I have a curse when it comes to making Christmas treats (if you remember the "marmalade" incident of last year). So after this I ran out of time, ran out of ingredients, ran out of patience, and ran out the door to work.

Rather than go through the entire process again, I went philanthropic. Instead of goodies, I picked out and angel tree card at the University Village, and on behalf of you all I bought a pair of pants, a top, and a magnetic toy thing set for Ernesto the 8 year old boy.

So Merry Christmas to you all from Raj and I. I'm sure Ernesto will be grateful.

Love,

Annika

By the way, just so you never EVER use this recipe, here it is. It was a horrid texture, and literally tasted like eating cardboard.

1 comment:

The Saunders said...

ohhhhh hahah this made me giggle. I am happy for Ernesto. Love you!