Sunday, March 27, 2011

Enter Spring- The accidentally green version.

Some things I've been dwelling on lately...
Do I want to make this cake because the cake stand is so pretty, or do I want the cake stand because the cake is so pretty? Or shall I just make a cake and put daisies on it?
Hmmm....

I really don't want to forget to use my Easter cookie cutters that I bought on sale at the end of spring last year.

I told Raj that this Fran's dark chocolate bunny is all I want for Easter.



My favorite new recipe of mashed potatoes with spinach. It's a great way to get an extra kick of vitamins:

About 1 lb of whatever potatoes you have in the house (I like small red potatoes because I don't have to peel or cut them).
Roughly 2 cups of spinach (I always like to chop it up so that it doesn't get stringy in the potatoes. Also, you can use more or less spinach if you like.)
1 Tablespoon of butter
1/4 of plain yogurt, or to taste. I like the rich, greek yogurt.
Salt and pepper to taste

Boil the potatoes until soft enough to mash. Drain potatoes, and immediately, while hot, cream in the mixer with spinach so the spinach wilts. Add butter, and enough yogurt to make it creamy and a little tart. Add salt and pepper, et voila!

No comments: