Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Suddenly it all makes sense...and chicken salad


By now, I'm sure anyone who spends any amount of time on the internets and email has stumbled across this web phenomena:


Yes, I mean the "LOL Cat," who is the mascot and founder of icanhascheezburger.com

This cat, and that entire sense of humor, have never gripped me. Photos of cats and dogs with bad spelling and poor grammar? "Why is that supposed to be funny?" I thought, until just the other day when I was fixing this amazingly low fat and high protein chicken salad recipe. My so-adorable-we-wonder-if-he-is-indeed-actually-a-dog Yorkie, Toby, was standing next to me waiting to bum a chicken scrap (or five) and I managed to snap this picture on my phone:



When I looked at that pathetic photo, I could almost hear the little guy saying in my head...

"I can has chickin?"

And it all made sense.

I still don't die laughing like other people, and I doubt I'll ever subscribe to the website. However, the more I think about it, the more I think the creators of that first viral photo were on to something.

No comments: