(Courtesy of the Baltimore Sun of all places)
1. You remember where you were and what you were doing when you heard that Martick’s closed.
No idea. This should be in the "you know you're an old foodie if...." list.
2. You know that basmati is not the capital of India.
Nope, the capital of India is Raita!
3. Your meal is ruined when you’re served from your left (or right – the point is, darn it, it matters).
This is only for foodies with good manners. I would beg to disagree with this one. For a real foodie, a good meal can't be ruined no matter how it's served.
4. You know the real CIA is a school in New York.
But the people who have graduated from that culinary school are as cocky and obnoxious as the government CIA.
5. You can tell by scent as soon as you enter the restaurant which four cheeses they use in their quattro formaggi sauce and in your opinion they went a little overboard on the Asiago.
Oh yeah, baby. 'Cept you can't ever go overboard on Asiago in my opinion. Except on a bagel.
6. You would starve to death if you were trapped for 40 days in a fully stocked Olive Garden.
This one made me laugh out loud, because I basically said this yesterday while watching a commercial for the restaurant.
7. Not only do you know what cuy is, you know where to find it outside Ecuador and Peru.
I know what it is, but I would never try it to find it outside Ecuador and Peru. I would place bets that they are the only people who can prepare it correctly.
8. You sample bread from a wood-fired oven and turn up your nose at the hint of insufficiently aged elm.
I guess lose this one. I would never turn my nose up at bread. (non-commercial, that is)
9. You spell Kryptonite M A R G A R I N E.
YES! YES! YES!
10. You’re keenly aware that the first word in diet is “die."
Haven't I said this in so many words at least once a week?