Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Gang's All Here!


Well, the gang was all here...My entire family was out for my sister's college graduation. Between having seven people staying in my little house, Father's Day, and graduation festivities, it's been a whirlwind of fun.... centered around food, of course!

Since we had out of town guests, we basically ate through all of our favorites- recipes and restaurants alike. Here are some of the highlights:

Thursday morning I made my family some delightful lemon-ricotta pancakes. They were light and fluffly, and delicious with raspberries on top.

Since I knew Sunday was going to be busy, I made my dad the chicken stew with biscuits I told you about for him on Friday. He then proceeded to eat the leftovers for the rest of the weekend (I told you it was a winner!). On Friday night, the men went out and the girls stayed in for one of my now truly favorite past times of pizza, wine, and musicals (seriously, it you haven't tried this yet, It's the best)! Only this time it was Brigadoon, frozen pizza from Whole Foods, and Chardonnay from the Chateau St. Michelle winery.

Saturday was again a girl's day, with three generations sitting down to tea at the Queen Mary Tea Room, which I simply must tell you about in another blog. I love it!

Sunday we ate Father's Day brunch at our old fall-back, Geraldines Counter, since we knew there would be something for everyone.

Finally, Monday after the graduation ceremony we met at the Flying Squirrel Pizza Co. for a great graduation party. I made a 100% organic coconut cake (my signature recipe!) for the nutrition grads, and we ate until we were stuffed.

I am still digesting everything, and I don't foresee eating again for at least a couple of days. What fun!

1 comment:

The Saunders said...

sounds like a deliciously good time!